Tips for wearing full dentures
These tips will help you wear your complete dentures with confidence and comfort:
- Follow good dental hygiene habits: Be sure to clean your dentures daily and take care of your dental tissues.
- Let your gums “rest” at night: Taking out your dentures while you sleep is recommended for most patients. This gives the gums a chance to recuperate from any pressure. It’s also a convenient time to clean your dentures!
- Cut your food into small pieces: Cutting your food into small bites and keeping water nearby while you eat will help make it easier to eat with your full dentures.
- Ask your denturist for help: Are you experiencing any discomfort or difficulty with your complete dentures? Don’t hesitate to reach out to your denturist for advice! Your denturists at Fort Macleod Denture Clinic are happy to help you find a solution.
A complete solution for a full, bright smile
Welcome to Fort Macleod Denture Clinic, your premier destination for top-quality full dentures in Fort Macleod, Alberta. We specialize in providing exceptional full denture solutions that restore your smile, improve your oral function, and enhance your overall quality of life. With our skilled team of denturists and advanced techniques, we are committed to delivering personalized full denture services tailored to your unique needs.
Full dentures, also known as complete dentures, are custom-made removable dental appliances designed to replace all missing teeth in the upper or lower arch, or both. Our full dentures are meticulously crafted to fit comfortably and provide a natural appearance, allowing you to regain your ability to eat, speak, and smile with confidence.
At Fort Macleod Denture Clinic, we understand that each patient’s journey is unique. Our experienced denturists will conduct a thorough examination of your oral health, facial structure, and individual preferences to create custom full dentures that perfectly suit you. We utilize state-of-the-art technology and premium materials to ensure the highest quality and durability of your dentures.
With our comprehensive full denture services, we aim to exceed your expectations. Our friendly team will guide you through every step of the process, from the initial consultation to the final fitting of your full dentures. We believe in open communication and will address any concerns or questions you may have, ensuring that you are fully informed and comfortable throughout your denture journey.
Regain your smile and enjoy the benefits of full dentures. Contact Fort Macleod Denture Clinic today to schedule a consultation and experience our exceptional full denture solutions. Trust our expertise and commitment to providing you with top-quality full dentures in Fort Macleod, Alberta.
Frequently Asked Questions
How long does it take to get used to wearing full dentures?
- Adjusting to wearing full dentures can vary from person to person. It may take a few weeks to several months to fully adapt to the feeling and function of full dentures.
- Initially, you may experience some discomfort, soreness, or difficulty speaking and eating. However, with time and practice, your mouth muscles will adjust, and these issues will diminish.
How often should I clean my full dentures?
- It is important to clean your full dentures daily to maintain oral hygiene and prevent bacterial buildup. Remove your dentures and rinse them after each meal to remove food particles.
- Clean your dentures thoroughly using a soft-bristle brush and non-abrasive denture cleaner. Avoid using regular toothpaste, as it can be too abrasive and damage the denture material.
Can I sleep with my full dentures in?
- It is generally recommended to remove your full dentures while sleeping to give your oral tissues a chance to rest and recover. Sleeping without dentures allows your gums to be exposed to air and facilitates natural saliva flow, promoting oral health.
- If you prefer to wear your dentures while sleeping, discuss it with your denturist. They may provide guidance based on your specific needs and oral health condition.
How long do full dentures last?
- The lifespan of full dentures can vary depending on factors such as oral hygiene, wear and tear, and changes in jawbone structure over time. On average, full dentures may last around 5 to 10 years before requiring replacement or adjustments.
- Regular dental check-ups are essential for monitoring the condition of your dentures and identifying when they need to be repaired or replaced. Your denturist can provide personalized recommendations based on your specific situation.
Restore Your Smile
Contact us today for a FREE consultation: Smile with confidence and enjoy eating again!